Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maybe this is how it's s'pposed to be.

I wrote another poem. It wasn't meant to be pessimistic when I started it, but it just turned out that way. Enjoy:

(A/N: Based off of the song You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol.)

You could be happy
Or angry
Or sad.
The mask so well made that you hide behind
How should I know?
I’ve always asked you what you want
But you’ve never answered straight.
Maybe it’s not a mask
You tell me you’ve never lied
(To my face, anyway.)
Through a series of events,
I whittle down to truth.
Your feelings, emotions, and thoughts:
Unknown to even you.
And you want me to save you?
You want me to keep you around?
The unfeeling and the irrational;
This can’t turn out well.
You throw out the words
You say that “you care,”
You make promises, heartfelt!
Oh the sarcasm there.
How should I trust that?
How can it be true?
You don’t even know what you feel!
Unfortunately for you, I do.
I know what I want
I know what I feel!
I know where I’m going
On this long trodden road.
The straight and the narrow
I follow this course.
I won’t change me for no one
Not even you.
Not even you and your unfeeling heart
Your confusion in mind;
Inability to keep anything
Like your promises, “heartfelt.”

I won’t take you back
But I won’t turn away
It’s all up to you
If you return or you stay.
I won’t take a stand
I’m impartial either way.
For the first time between us
It’s all up to you.